The 19-year-old country/pop singer won big in last night's 37th annual 2009 American Music Awards where she accepted five awards.
Those five awards that included the prestigious award of the evening, "Artist of the Year," beat out fellow nominees, Kings of Leon, Lady Gaga, Eminem, Carrie Underwood, even to the late Michael Jackson.
The "You Belong With Me" singer who was in London for a rehearsal for Monday's performance held at the Wembley Arena, was not able to accept her awards in person, but did do it via satellite. According to CMT, Swift said,
Music has never been, ultimately, about competition. To even be mentioned in a
category with Michael Jackson -- who we'll miss and love forever -- is an
unimaginable honor. I just want to say I'm sending my love to the Jackson family
and Janet for reaching out to me the way that you have.
And of course, Taylor did not forget about her loyal friends who supported her along the way.
And to the fans, you have given me so much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving,
and I hope you guys have an awesome Thanksgiving. I miss and I love you.
adopted from:http://www.examiner.com/x-5019-San-Diego-Celebrity-Headlines-Examiner~y2009m11d22-American-Music-Awards-2009-Taylor-Swift-wins-big-with-five-awards

